Humanistic Neuro Linguistic Psychology & Hypnotherapy
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) / Humanistic Neuro Linguistic Psychology (HNLP) are ways of thinking and sets of tools and techniques that enable therapists to engage more efficiently with clients. NLP / HNLP tools and techniques can be used within hypnotherapy sessions or as change mechanisms in their own right.
The major advantage of NLP / HNLP change techniques is their speed and flexibility. NLP / HNLP sets the scene for hypnotherapy and provides ongoing self-help techniques that can be used by clients back at home.
Humanistic Neuro Linguistic Psychology - Summary
John Overdorf and Julie Silvershorn developed the term "Humanistic Neuro-Linguistic Psychology" to describe an advanced branch of NLP. Humanistic Neuro-Linguistic Psychology creatively integrates quantum physics, modern neuro science, hypnosis, accelerated learning, spirituality, and common sense.
Humanistic Neuro-Linguistic Psychology is the study of how Mind creates reality through language and behaviour. One of the basic premises from which they work is that everyone and everything is interconnected. They are not alone; quantum physics and all major spiritual systems support this.
In the past, some people have criticized Neuro-Linguistic Programming for lacking a sense of connection and being too oriented toward techniques and "programming." While NLP techniques are quite effective, they are not the final answer.
People and their interconnectedness are the answer. Humanistic Neuro Linguistic Psychology recognizes that we are all on the path to Self-Actualization, whether we know it or not! All paths lead to the same place......back to you...
What is NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)?
NLP can be defined in many different ways:
- The study of human excellence
- The study of how mind (neuro) and language (linguistic) interface to create our internal programs and our reality (programming)
- The study of people and how they perceive reality
- The study of people and how they process information about the world around them
- The study of subjective experience
- The study of human transformation
- The art and science of how people change
- The art and science of being at cause in life and creating a positive life
NLP is a branch of cognitive psychology which was developed in the USA in the 1970's. NLP is used by personal coaches, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists and business consultants to assist people in transforming their lives, their relationships and their goals. NLP includes a number of patterns for changing how people perceive the world around them, so they have the resources they need when they're faced with challenging situations.
The following pages provide more detail relating to the foundation / traditional model of NLP:-
What is HNLP (Humanistic Neuro-Linguistic Psychology™)?
No matter what you think you are, you are always more than that! John and Julie coined the term Humanistic Neuro-Linguistic Psychology™ to describe their branch of NLP. Their extensive research in quantum physics, ancient spiritual systems, hypnosis, neuro-science and the experience of life led them to create this natural extension of traditional NLP.
HNLP is the study of how Mind creates reality through language and behaviour and is based upon the traditional model of NLP (see above).
HUMANISTIC NEURO-LINGUISTIC PSYCHOLOGY™ BASIC PRESUPPOSITIONS
- 1. No matter what you think you are, you are always more than that.
- We have all the resources we need.
- 2. Reality is a construction.
- You get what you focus on.
- 3. Reality and meaning are created through relationships.
- Things exist by virtue of their mutually consistent relationships.
- 4. Living is learning.
- We can't not learn. All behaviour is motivated by a positive, self-adaptive intention.
- 5. Perception is learned.
- Memory is an active, synthetic process.
- 6. Everything and everyone is interconnected.
- The material universe is a dynamic web of interrelated events. None of the properties of the web are fundamental.
- They all follow from properties of the other parts and
the overall consistency of their interrelations determines
the structure of the entire web.
(The HNLP presuppositions are based on the original NLP presuppositions proposed by Richard Bandler and John Grinder. More about the NLP presuppositions...)
Required disclaimer: Please be aware that we bring 100% of our effort and skill to the process, however, as with all practices, results may vary between individuals.